Well, once again it seems like an absolute eternity since I found the time to it down and blog, but now I’m back from New York, Christmas is over, and my time is once again my own (at least for a week or two, anyway!) And what a lot has been going on this past month! Where do I start??? Well, here are the highlights:
– Had a reasonably quilty birthday – charm pack central! (Fortunately, RR is brilliant at choosing fabric!)
– Celebrated a wonderful Thanksgiving with our lovely, lovely friends (and the Thanksgiving Squirrel Placemats went down a storm!)
– Bought a mountain of dress fabric in New York’s garment district, enough to keep me busy sewing clothes for at least a year!
– Visited my favourite quilt store on Long Island, where I caught up with the lovely Sara and bought a cute kit to make a quilt for my friends Ms S and Mr M’s new baby, Daniel
– Saw lots of our friends in NY – sadly, there’s never enough time to see them all, but made a brand new friend in the gorgeous, chubby, smily Baby Chase
– Picked up all the fabric I’d ordered online, including some to make Christmas presents for RR with
– Made gifts with aforementioned fabric…
– Made a giant, bed-sized Christmassy quilt (despite the well-founded scepticism of several friends at the Patchwork du Léman quilt club, who were convinced I wouldn’t have time to finish it before the big day!)
– Had a reasonably quilty Christmas too! And got a new camera for taking photos for my blog, which I’ve been learning how to use.
– Ate, drank and was generally merry!
Phew!!! I’ll be writing a bit more about some of these over the coming weeks, but it’s now Boxing Day, the lovely Ms JJ is coming over later for a cup of tea and mince pies, and I’m back in my sewing room contemplating my next project – finishing off this red, black and white beauty…
So, until we meet again, dear blog-readers and fellow-quilters, I wish you all a belated merry Quilt-mas! Hope you had a good one 🙂