Well, 2014 has arrived. And with it come the inevitable New Year’s Resolutions. We don’t really go in for Resolutions chez LPC and RR. We prefer to call them JFDIs – we prefer to Just F***ing Do It!
My JFDI list has been growing over the past month or so, but the one thing I’d like to share today (mainly because the linky ends in just a couple of hours!) is my commitment to join the Fabriholics Anonymous Fabric Fast over at Making Rebecca Lynne.
Now, I intend to write a little more about this later in the week (once laptop woes are fixed and blogging becomes easier!), but I came across this fantastic idea a month or so ago, and have been meaning to join on up ever since. However, procrastination being my middle name, I didn’t ever quite get round to it. Until now. With only an hour or two to spare. Ho hum!
So what is a Fabric Fast, I hear you cry? Well, I don’t think I can put it better than Rebecca does!
– To use the Stash I already have!
– Finish UFOs without distraction by shifting to other new beautiful fabric.
– Stop the insanity of constantly buying the latest and greatest fabric.
– Save the $$ I spend on stashing.
– Destash the fabrics that I realize I am never going to use.
1) No fabric purchases for 6 months beginning January 1, 2014.
2) At 6 months reevaluate status and decide whether to keep going for full year. Evaluation July 1, 2014.
3) Create a UFO list and complete them!
- Backing: purchasing a backing to finish a quilt top is permissible. However, attempting to use fabric in your possession for a backing is preferable.
- Books and Magazine purchases are allowed as they are not fabric. Notions acceptable too.
- And I’m adding one of my own – RR’s lovely cousin is getting married in May and of course I want to make a quilt. I’m going to do everything I can to make it from my stash, but if it’s not possible, and as a last resort, I will buy the minimum fabric needed to complete the top
So there you have it! I already hear the snorts of derision from friends and family alike (most notably from RR) – but I have to say that I’m intending to stay the course! I’ll be adding the button once I can work out how, and posting regular updates on my progress, so stay tuned. In the meantime, why not hop over to Making Rebecca Lynne to see who else is joining in and how they’re doing too?
Oh, and wish me luck – I think I’m going to need it!